Update WIBU Runtime
Wibu-Systems has disclosed several vulnerabilities in their software CodeMeter Runtime. This software is also used by our products for license management. To be able to exploit these vulnerabilities, an attacker must have gained access to the network. However, for one of the vulnerabilities, it is sufficient to visit an accordingly prepared website. Worst case scenarios are unresponsiveness of the CodeMeter software or a remote code execution attack.
Wibu-Systems has released an updated version of the CodeMeter Runtime which addresses these issues. We strongly advise you to install the new version 7.10b or higher. You can download the file from the homepage of Wibu-Systems.
How to install:
- Please shut down all MetaSystems installations.
- Remove the CodeMeter USB Dongle prior to installation.
- Execute the new driver package (if asked, you should agree to changes made on your system).
- The installation assistant will ask you to agree to the license contract; please confirm your agreement with the switch at the bottom.
- Choose to install the driver for all users on this system.
- Choose to install the driver with the default options.
- Wait for the installation to be finished and plug the CodeMeter USB Dongle back to the USB port.
For more details on the technical background of these vulnerabilities, please refer to the security advisories of Wibu-Systems: https://www.wibu.com/support/security-advisories.html.