- Job Title
- (Not just another) Application Specialist
- Start Date
- MetaSystems USA
- [email protected]
Do you like to travel? Would you rather create a better mousetrap or motivate the mice? We are looking for a skilled Application Specialist for our growing office in the Boston, MA area. The candidate will join our strong Applications & Support team, reporting directly to the Vice President, Applications & Support, to provide service, installations and training, which includes extensive travel in the US and Canada (including, but not limited to, San Francisco, NYC, Denver, Atlanta, Toronto and Vancouver) and some European travel, as needed.
We provide training through a personal mentor and a structured onboarding process – both in the USA and our German headquarters - for this professional position. After six months you will be able to:
- Install our automated imaging platforms and software
- Lead system configuration and testing for customers and in-house R&D
- Analyze slides and adapt classifiers
- Provide individualized training and support to customers for all of our instrumentation on-site and by remote access, including workshops
- Perform service and preventive maintenance in laboratories at customer sites
- Answer technical customer inquiries by telephone or email
- Support our Quality Management (ISO 13485 certified) by maintaining our database and Device History Records
- Independently research to provide customer-specific solutions.
The position is full-time and the primary place of business is the MGI Boston office.
We are looking for a friendly, positive, self-motivated, quality-minded and versatile team player, who is professional with customers and interested in working to grow the company with us.
We offer competitive compensation, paid health insurance and the opportunity to implement your own ideas.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Master in Biotechnology or related field
- Possible entry-level position; however, work experience (>3 years) in similar field is preferred
- Experience in imaging and microscopy would be a plus
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Good communication skills
- Good technical troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of office IT infrastructure for troubleshooting and updates is desirable