- Job Title
- Machine Learning Application Specialist
- Start Date
- MetaSystems USA
The Machine Learning (ML) Application Specialist provides support in developing & optimizing ML algorithms for Metafer products, including data generation, training, and customer service. This person is the in-house hard- and software expert on the core MetaSystems product, the Metafer. In addition, he/she is also responsible for project management and documentation for DNN projects at MGI as well as project updates across all MetaSystems offices. Some travel is required and may include the US, Germany, and Canada, as needed. Industry Experience for at least 1-2 years in Machine Learning/DNN is a must.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Expertise in installing and troubleshooting MetaSystems products.
- Service-oriented, yet mindful of customer responsibilities and obligations.
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent project management skills; Good technical troubleshooting skills.
- Works well under time constraints and communicates clearly and diplomatically with customers.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated to intensify knowledge and expertise.
- Knowledge of Office Software suite, statistical/econometric evaluation programs, Salesforce, and SQL knowledge.
Required / Desired Education & Experience:
- Graduate degree (PhD preferred) in Life Sciences, Biology, Engineering, or Computer Science.
- At least two years of experience in the ML field with in-depth knowledge in mathematics and statistics.
- Knowledge and understanding of Python, Java, and R code writing.
- Extensive knowledge of ML frameworks (Microsoft Cognitive is plus), libraries, data structures, data modeling, and software architecture.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop & test DNN or ML-based classifiers for Metafer Applications.
- Running tests, performing statistical analysis, and interpreting test results.
- Supervising the data acquisition process if more data is needed.
- Optimizing existing machine learning libraries and frameworks, including finding available datasets online that could be used for training.
- Create new ML-based solutions for object detection, pixel/object classification, and image processing.
- Solve compatibility issues related to Metafer hard- and software configurations.
- Analyze slides and adapt classifiers.
- Provide technical and sales teams with application support and perform customer installations for novel Metafer applications (ML-based).
Collaborative Duties & Responsibilities:
- Consulting with other ML Engineers & Specialists to determine and refine machine learning objectives.
- Coordinate with the regulatory team regarding data management and reporting requirements.