- Job Title
- IT & Configurations Specialist
- Start Date
- MetaSystems USA
- [email protected]
Looking for a Geek Job? This isn’t it - We’re looking for Action Heros!
Do you thrive on saving the world in the nick of time? Can you excite lab professionals about innovation with just a lift of the finger or a flick of the wrist?
MGI is looking for you, a skilled IT & Configurations Specialist for our growing North American Team, who can do just that: Perceive, Configure, Deploy, Save the Day.
We are looking for an action hero, full of creativity & self-motivation, who is team-oriented & focused on precision, to build our scanning systems, manage our IT and control our flow of products to and from customers. In addition, you will be responsible for scanning operations when major research and clinical laboratories are on our premises.
We offer opportunities for personal & professional growth, full health care benefits and limited travel. As a part of our strong Applications & Support team, you will report directly to the Vice President - Applications & Support and work on a daily basis with interdisciplinary teams of Sales, Support and Applications professionals. The position is full-time and based in our primary place of business in Newton, MA.
After a structured on-boarding process your duties (and Superpowers) include:
- Assembling and configurating complex microscopic and imaging systems
- Analyzing slides and adapting classifiers and software and quality protocols
- Overseeing and organizing our Inventory, maintenance & testing and quality documentation
- Customizing workflows in Business Software Solutions (e.g. Salesforce, Quickbooks)
- Vetting third-party products and IT vendors for quality, technical compatibility & security protocols
- Integrating approved components into SIDS (System Integration Data Sheet) and customer products
- Supporting our QMS (ISO certified 13485) by maintaining our database and Device History Records
- Independently researching to provide customer-specific solutions
Interested in joining our Action League?
Please send an introductory letter, your resume and references to [email protected].
Desired Education and Experience:
- Possible entry-level position, provided work experience in similar field is substantial
- Experience in field of microscopy and imaging
- B. Sc. or B.Eng in IT, Physics or BME
- Experience working in ISO-certified/FDA-approved Medical Device Manufacturing Facility is a plus
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent understanding of technical alternatives for microscopic imaging
- Good technical troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of business and biomedical IT infrastructure (e.g. Salesforce, SQL)
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft, LINUX and mobile device management systems