- Job Title
- Director Sales and Distribution (m/f/d)
- Start Date
- MetaSystems Asia
MetaSystems is a worldwide active, privately owned enterprise and a leading manufacturer of automated microscopy and image analysis solutions. Our systems are mainly used in the field of clinical diagnostics and allow doctors to receive better diagnostic results for various disease faster. MetaSystems enjoys an outstanding reputation among its customers for the high quality of its products, the competent and timely service, the technological leadership in functionality of its products and its friendly, open minded and highly qualified staff.
Headquarters with software development and production are located in Germany, close to the city of Heidelberg.
One of the important pillars of our success is the closely knit team of highly qualified employees from mostly academic backgrounds. The MetaSystems members at headquarters and all its subsidiaries are from diverse international background. The corporate language is English. The leadership style is cooperative and with very flat hierarchies. The excellent work climate provides the ground for an open, results oriented communication across all departments and functional responsibilities.
MetaSystems Asia (MSA) is responsible for the distribution of all MetaSystems products in the Asia-Pacific region. Its responsibilities include marketing, sales, installation, commissioning, training, and after sales service. MetaSystems Asia headquarters are located in Hong Kong from where it also supervises direct subsidiary companies in India and China.
To achieve region wide in-depth coverage, MetaSystems Asia uses a network of exclusive partners as local representatives in almost all Asian countries and territories.
MetaSystems Asia is currently looking for a Director Sales and Distribution (m/f/d) who will be welcomed as a member of the top management team.
In the role of 'Director Sales and Distribution' you will be responsible for:
Sales & Marketing
- Maintain, improve, and extend the network of our exclusive distribution partners in all territories of the Asia region (top priority China).
- Maintain excellent communication, beyond our top level distribution partners, to second and third level distributors and to end-users and customers.
- Closely review and continuously adjust cooperation with exclusive distribution partners on management level.
- Assure supply of distribution partners with optimal marketing material.
- Assure high level of presence and brand awareness in the market.
- Develop and gradually adapt our marketing strategy and the positioning of our products in each territory.
- Supervise medical registration of our products in cooperation with legal consultants in China, and wherever necessary in other territories.
- Collect and qualify reliable intelligence on competition and influencing market trends.
- Maintain a high level of quality by precise communication and with systematic follow-up of all communication.
Training of Colleagues and Distribution Partners
- Provide all necessary support to colleagues and the local distribution partners in order to allow their optimal sales performance.
- Assure optimal training levels of colleagues and distribution partner staff members and constantly review their abilities to present, demonstrate, install, train and maintain our products.
Represent MetaSystems Asia in the MetaSystems Group
- Communicate market trends and any influencing factors promptly and clearly to management in headquarters.
- Constantly discuss and influence corporate strategy at headquarters and other international MetaSystems subsidiaries from an Asia perspective.
- Identify and explore new fields of applications in and for the Asia region.
- Analyze, understand, and communicate the market situation in each territory to optimize product pricing on a local level.
- Find and interface with scientific cooperation partners in the Asia region as required by headquarters.
Assure continuous availability of qualified staff by proactive HR development measures.
To qualify as an ideal candidate
- You have worked in sales of scientific/medical instruments, ideally in the clinical field.
- You have an academic background in nature science, or alternatively acquired the necessary background by related job experience.
- You have several years of experience in running an regional sales department distributing directly and/or via a distributor network.
- You have experience in front line sales discussions in mainland China.
- You speak and read fluently English and Mandarin Chinese, ideally you can write Mandarin Chinese.
- You have outstanding communication skills with subordinates, peers and superiors.
- You enjoy working with a high level of freedom from micromanagement but according to accepted rules of personal responsibility.
- You like working in an organization with flat hierarchy based on mutual respect, tolerance and friendly cooperation with your colleagues, business partners and customers.
- You can cope with very direct communication paths to top management.
- You can cope with a diverse team and show zero tolerance against any form of discrimination based on ethnicity, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religious believe, disability, or age.
- You like to travel frequently internationally (while using also all other means of digital communication available).
MetaSystems Asia offers
- Competitive remuneration and a performance based incentive system.
- High level of freedom from micromanagement by superiors.
- Respect from your colleagues, partners, customers and competitors.
- International exposure and opportunity to meet and work with people from many cultural backgrounds in an world spanning group of MetaSystems companies.
- The opportunity to represent very competitive, modern, intelligent, hi-tech products at top scientific level.
- A team of internationally minded, well educated, racially diverse, highly professional colleagues who enjoy company dinners, barbecues and boat trips on occasion.
- There will be a 3 months trial period.
- Your main office location will be in the Hong Kong Science Park, Shatin, HKSAR.
- If you are not a Hong Kong resident, we will apply for a working visa for you.
- You need a passport that allows for international travel.
- We expect our employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Are You Interested?
If your profile matches our requirements, we look forward to receiving your application. Please send your complete application documents to:
MetaSystems Asia Co. Ltd.