- Job Title
- Customer Support Technician (MedTech Industry/BioTech Industry) (m/f/d)
- Start Date
- MetaSystems USA
The Customer Support Technician provides customer service for our scanning & imaging platforms, predominately from our Boston office, but also in the field.
Primary activities include customer site installations of our microscope scanning and imaging hard- and software, preventative maintenance visits, user training and customer troubleshooting, both on-site and through remote sessions. This is an entry-level position. As such, a key focus is on achieving high proficiency in MetaSystems instruments and software. Please check our website for more information on our products before applying for this position. Candidates must have a high affinity and familiarity with the Med-tech/Biotech world.
This position is a full time position (30% in office, 10% home office possible, 60% travelling activity expected. Office location: Boston, MA, USA.
Direct Supervisor: Vice President Applications & Support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform simple installations of laboratory equipment and our customized software alone or in a team at the customer site
- Provide customer support on-site or through remote access
- Visit selected customers to perform preventative maintenance on installations and re-train users
- Assist in system configuration and testing
- Develop and execute training programs for MetaSystems users
- Be available for customer inquiries and follow-ups by phone or e-mail
- Document customer interactions in Salesforce and update device history records, as required in our QMS
- Meet company deadlines for submission of Expensify reports and other information updates
Collaborative Duties & Responsibilities:
- Repair non-conforming components (internal cases)
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date QMS and Salesforce database
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Good technical understanding of MetaSystems products and services
- Highly detail-oriented
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Self-motivated to intensify knowledge and expertise
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Expensify and other business operations software
- Flexible team player, quick learner
Required / Desired Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Life Sciences, Engineering, Physics or Chemistry
- Hands-on experience in Microscopy and/or life sciences laboratory
- Familiarity with quality management systems and procedures
- Following MA state and CDC guidelines