- Job Title
- Application Specialist Instruments
- Start Date
- MetaSystems India
The role will focus on providing service and support in India and across the range of current and future MetaSystems products. The main activities are system demonstrations, installations, customizing, preventative maintenance, remedial maintenance and online remote support. Other tasks include system upgrades, travel & service reports and database updates. The role involves significant travel (> 50% of time) sometimes for periods of up to two weeks.
In the role of Application Specialist Instruments you will be responsible for:
DEMONSTRATION of MetaSystems instruments
- Perform product demonstrations as requested by the sales team for prospective customers on-site, in workshops and at marketing events.
- Prepare the demonstration equipment and ensure it is in proper working order before performing the demonstration. Demonstrations will be tailored to the interests of the customer.
- Consult distributors and end users on system configuration and system integration.
INSTALLATION of MetaSystems instruments and end-user training, including:
- Coordinate proper preparation of the installation site
- Supervise the unpacking and placement of instruments at customer sites.
- Perform installation of equipment and verify correct operation. This will require knowledge of computers, electronics, mechanical adjustment, optics and software applications.
- Provide application training such that MetaSystems distributors and customers have a full understanding and confidence in the use of the equipment.
- Instruct end users on proper equipment use and maintenance.
SERVICE AND SUPPORT of MetaSystems instruments, including:
- Provide high quality technical troubleshooting and applications support online, by phone, email, chat, etc.
- Provide on-site service to remedy any system malfunction
- Provide, and organize schedules for preventative maintenance visits
- Feedback market requirements to our development department
- Training of Sales Representatives, Application Engineers and Service Technicians
ADMINISTRATION of SUPPORT ACTIVITIES, including:
- Prompt completion of travel, service and installation reports
- Prompt updating of CRM database to document all customer interaction.
Complying with all company rules, guidelines, SOP’s and management direction.
To qualify as an ideal candidate
- you have relevant experience for more than 2 years in computerized instruments and systems, preferably in the Biotech industry or sector.
- you demonstrate the ability to diagnose technical issues and communicate clearly and effectively with customers face to face, online or via email and telephone.
- you demonstrate strong, friendly and pro-active communication skills with internal and external team members.
- have the ability to work effectively and efficiently, individually or as part of a team.
- are self-motivated with a flexible attitude.
- show commitment to precise and on-time follow-up of customer problems.
- demonstrate strong problem-solving ability and finding solutions which meet customer and organizational objectives.
- show dynamic, organized, logical and pro-active approach.
- show commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
- possess highly effective written and verbal communication skills in ENGLISH & HINDI.
- are organized and logical with the ability to be inventive and able to prioritize on-going activities.
- are able to meet deadlines as well as customer and business requirements.
- University degree qualification (BSc, MSc, PhD) or equivalent in Bio/medical field. Preferably knowledge in Genetics and Microscopy. Must have extensive experience with PCs and MS-Windows. Some teaching experience is beneficial.
- you to be able to travel at short notice when business requires.
- you have worked in support of scientific/medical instruments, ideally in the clinical field.
- you have an academic background in nature science, or alternatively acquired the necessary background by related job experience.
- you speak and read fluently English and Hindi.
- you have outstanding communication skills with subordinates, peers and superiors.
- you enjoy working with a high level of freedom from micromanagement but according to accepted rules of personal responsibility.
- you like working in an organization with flat hierarchy based on mutual respect, tolerance and friendly cooperation with your colleagues, business partners and customers.
- you can cope with very direct communication paths to top management.
- you can cope with a diverse team and show zero tolerance against any form of discrimination based on ethnicity, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religious believe, disability, or age.
- you like to travel frequently internationally (while using also all other means of digital communication available).
MetaSystems is a worldwide active, privately owned enterprise and the market leader in automated microscopy and image analysis. Our systems are mainly used in the field of clinical diagnostics and allow doctors to receive better diagnostic results for various disease faster. MetaSystems enjoys an outstanding reputation among its customers for:
- the high quality of its products,
- the competent and timely service,
- the technological leadership in functionality of its products and
- its friendly, open minded and highly qualified staff.
Headquarters with software development and production are located in Germany, close to the city of Heidelberg.
One of the important pillars of our success is the closely knit team of highly qualified employees from mostly academic backgrounds. The MetaSystems members at headquarters and all its subsidiaries are from diverse international background. The corporate language is English. The leadership style is cooperative and with very flat hierarchies. The excellent work climate provides the ground for an open, results oriented communication across all departments and functional responsibilities.
MetaSystems India (MSI) is responsible for the distribution of all MetaSystems products in India and supports the MetaSystems business in Nepal and Bangladesh. Its responsibilities include marketing, sales, installation, commissioning, training and after service. MetaSystems India headquarters are located in Bangalore. To achieve country wide in-depth coverage, MetaSystems India uses a network of exclusive partners as local representatives in all provinces.
MetaSystems India is run by a Managing Director (MD) and a Technical Director (CTO) who report to and are strategically supervised by the two MDs of our mother company in Germany.
MetaSystems India offers:
- competitive remuneration and a performance based incentive system
- high level of freedom from micromanagement by superiors
- respect from your colleagues, partners, customers and competitors
- international exposure and opportunity to meet and work with people from many cultural backgrounds in an world spanning group of MetaSystems companies
- the opportunity to represent very competitive, modern, intelligent, hi-tech products at top scientific level
- a team of internationally minded, well educated, racially diverse, highly professional colleagues who enjoy company dinners, barbecues and other social activities on occasion
- there will be a 3 months trial period
- your main office location will be in the MSI office Bangalore (or local home office location)
- you need a passport that allows for international travel
- MetaSystems India expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19